Users' Guides to the Medical Literature: Essentials of Evidence-Based Clinical Practice (Jama & Archives Journals)
By Gordon Guyatt, Drummond Rennie, Maureen Meade, Deborah Cook
* Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional
* Number Of Pages: 359
* Publication Date: 2008-05-21
* ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0071590382
* ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780071590389
* Binding: Paperback
The “essential” companion to the landmark Users' Guides to the Medical Literature - completely revised and updated!
Evidence-based medicine involves the careful interpretation of medical studies and its clinical application. And no resource helps you do it better-and faster-than Users' Guides to the Medical Literature: Essentials of Evidence-Based Clinical Practice.
This streamlined reference distills the most clinically-relevant coverage from the parent Users' Guide into one highly-focused, portable resource. Praised for its clear explanations of detailed statistical and mathematical principles, The Essentials concisely covers all the basic concepts of evidence-based medicine--everything you need to deliver optimal patient care.
It's a perfect at-a-glance source for busy clinicians and students, helping you distinguish between solid medical evidence and poor medical evidence, tailor evidence-based medicine for each patient, and much more. Now in its second edition, this carry-along quick reference is more clinically relevant-and more essential-than ever!
* Completely revised and updated with all new coverage of the basic issues in evidence-based medicine in patient care
* Abundant real-world examples drawn from the medical literature are woven throughout, and include important related principles and pitfalls in using clinical research in patient care decisions
* Edited by over 60 internationally recognized editors and contributors from around the globe
* Also look for JAMAevidence.com, a new interactive database for the best practice of evidence based medicine.